dear willow,

dear willow,

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

be the good.

my friend, Leigh lit a spark in me.
she's the type of girl that just does kind stuff without thinking about it.

it started with a $20 bill that neither of us wanted to claim & she suggested we use it to do something for someone else.

the idea made me want to do MORE.
so instead of making a list of things I "wanted" for my 29th birthday this month, I made a list of 29 things that I could do for other people.

I can't think of a birthday present that would fill me up in the same way that this did. and involving willow in everything has made some really special & beautiful memories for me.

the last thing was to give out some gift cards to Walmart. my dad & I went last night to get a few things & it was a mad house. I'd been carrying these cards around for a while but I knew last night was the time. I didn't know how to pick who needed it so as we were leaving I handed it to the greeter & asked her to give it to anybody that she wanted & to just tell them "merry Christmas". the look on her face was so so neat & I probably won't ever forget it. something SO TINY.

after such a dark week last week with the precious children in conn, its been such a blessing to be a small part of the good that does still exist.

and then this morning, W surprised me with my wedding ring that I thought was ruined. (it got caught in the garbage disposal) our neighbor was able to fix it with tools he had in his garage. it took him minutes & was so simple to him but W & I both stood in our kitchen and cried because of the GOOD. :)




1 comment:

whacha think?