dear willow,

dear willow,

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Willows Bed

Willow is a realllllly lucky girl.
I emailed this picture I saw on Pinterest to my dad {Poppy} and in
NO time it was in her room.



He was able to use scrap wood from another project and all we had to purchase were the drawers and drawer guides and paint.

It's so big that he had to put it together in her room and if we ever have to sell,
they'll be getting two houses for the price of one. ;)

This is the final result.



SO much cuter than the inspiration pic!!
He added three drawers under the bed part that we keep her clothes in,
all of the steps have drawers (for extra sheets, jammies, etc)
and a rail on both sides of the stairs.
He left both ends of the top bunk open so we can easily get a mattress in and out.
{We got the mattresses from Sams. They are Serta and SO comfortable!}
I added some pink Christmas lights to the railing so that the steps are always lit and Willow and I made the sparkly heart window decorations.





She LOVES it and I just know she will love it for many many years.
I can just imagine lots of little girls up in the top bunk giggling together. :)


1 comment:

  1. I just love this so much! I remember when your dad built our play set in our backyard and also a round tree swing to put at my grandma's house when I was little. I have some of my best memories with both of those! I know sweet willow loves this. SO creative!

    ReplyDelete

whacha think?